Neurofeedback at Home
When you rent the personal system you can train at home, which allows for more flexibility and convenience. Training with a home system can save clients up to 60% in cost, with the convenience of training when it fits clients’ schedules. It is also a cost-effective way to train a family.
Neurofeedback Training at Home System
Based on our experience and for best results, we encourage people to use the personal trainer at least twice a week for 3 months at a time. The personal system is available with the following pricing schedule:
- 1st month = $700 (includes 10 sessions; additional sessions are $25 each)
- 2nd month = $600 (includes 10 sessions; additional sessions are $25 each)
- 3rd month = $500 (includes 10 sessions; additional sessions are $25 each)
Sessions do not roll over from month to month.
The Neuroptimal personal system is the same technology as the professional system used in the office. Clients quickly learn how to hook up themselves or loved ones, either through an in-person tutorial, or through video (see below) and skype lessons.
The neurofeedback equipment rental can be shipped anywhere in US or Canada.
What is NeurOptimal ® Neurofeedback ?
NeurOptimal is an Information-Based Technology
The most over-arching feature of NeurOptimal is that it has been designed from the ground up to work with the brain as a non-linear dynamical system (we call this “dynamical neurofeedback”). As the brain itself is a non-linear system, interacting with it in a non-linear dynamical way is a perfect match— like talking to the brain in its own language. NeurOptimal® more elegantly and “simply” offers the brain the information it needs to organize and re-organize itself. Presented with the right information, the brain can become more flexible and resilient, which results in a better quality of life after neurofeedback training.
Incredible Ease of Use
NeurOptimal® is incredibly simple to operate. All you do is hook up and press “Go”. NeurOptimal® provides the information the brain needs moment by moment while the difficulty level automatically adjusts itself (we call this “auto-nav”) based on the brain’s behavior each micro-second. There is no guesswork, so no need to worry about making mistakes. You can trust NeurOptimal® to do the work.
Samantha Diavatis of Zengar Institute demonstrates how to hook yourself up for a NeurOptimal® Session.
The Elegance of working with Instabilities
NeurOptimal® works with brain instabilities, not amplitudes or any other linear measures used by olderstyle neurofeedback systems. As the brain starts to move into an instability in a particular frequency range (we call these “targets”), the sound pauses very briefly and the image changes. The brain
immediately brings itself “back to the present” (this is not a conscious process and you don’t to “try” to do it – you can just sit and relax and close your eyes if you want and your brain responds). Over time, the brain learns to maneuver around instabilities — instead of just falling into them — resulting in increased
flexibility and resilience. Because we work with instabilities and how the brain responds to those instabilities, muscle movement and other sources of “artifact” are far less of an issue than when running older-style systems, making effective training much easier.
Permissive Non-Directive Healing Stance
NeurOptimal® doesn’t “push” the brain by telling it what it needs to do. NeurOptimal® provides information to the client’s brain about its own activity— that is all. The brain then does its own reorganizing. While it is true you can sometimes get dramatic effects by pushing the brain in a particular way as other systems
do, it is also very possible that you can push the brain into a de-stabilized state, resulting in unpleasant side effects. NeurOptimal® is designed differently. Simply giving the brain information rather than telling it what to do results in powerful shifts in a positive direction for the client, gently and easily.
When doing neurofeedback training you don’t have to do anything, you don’t have to make any kind of conscious effort at all. You just listen to music, watch a movie, or “zone out” with eyes closed. It doesn’t matter.
NeurOptimal® works with “where you are” moment by moment. If you feel fatigued, NeurOptimal® adapts and works with you where you are at that time.
NEUROPTIMAL® vs. Other Systems
- Focus is on optimizing brain functioning by improving the central nervous system’s flexibility, resilience and stability. This is not treatment. It’s training your central nervous system to work more efficiently and effectively. Problems and issues then naturally melt away. Other systems: Focus is on treatment.
- No diagnosis is required. All users are trained in the same manner. The objective is to improve the mind and the central nervous system’s flexibility and resilience. This isn’t treatment. It’s training your central nervous system to work more optimally. Other systems: Require practitioner to diagnose a problem so that a treatment plan can be mapped out.
- NeurOptimal® automatically adjusts with each person. No monitoring required. Other systems: Client needs to be monitored closely within and across sessions. Practitioner changes what they do based on unwanted side effects in client.
- Trains outside the awareness of the conscious mind, which is way too slow for NeurOptimal®. Client just relaxes. Does not have to “achieve” anything. Other systems: Seeks to train the conscious mind to control brainwave activity. Requires conscious effort from the client to meet externally imposed goals.
- Simultaneously targets sixteen sets of frequencies in the same manner for all users. Multiple frequencies balance off other multiple frequencies. Cannot overtrain. Everybody gets Peak Performance as well as help with their issues. Other systems: Uses limited frequencies at the discretion of the trainer. Overtraining (and side effects) common. Working on a disorder and achieving Peak Performance are very different goals and tasks.
- NeurOptimal® provides moment to moment feedback on the brain’s activity. The brain makes adjustments using real time feedback across a wide spectrum of frequencies meant to increase overall mental fitness. There is no separate assessment needed. Other systems: Weekly or monthly feedback from the patient is used to evaluate and control the training regimen. This is time consuming and costly, often doubling session time at no additional benefit.
- NeurOptimal® does not push the brain- it simply offers information. The brain does the rest, naturally. Other systems: Pushes the brain to do more or less of something as decided by the practitioner.